In conjunction with the Presidential Decision No. 103/2003, signed by the President of the Republic of Indonesia on 17th December 2003 regarding the new visa policy, from the 1st February 2004, the following countries do not require a visa to enter Indonesia for a Tourist visit of up to 30 (thirty) days:
|3||Hong Kong SAR|
Please be advised that Visa-Free Short Visits may only be extended upon approval from the Minister of Justice and Human Rights/Director General of Immigration of the Republic of Indonesia based on natural disaster, illnes or accident, but cannot be transferred to another type of visa. Overstay visitors incur to pay a penalty of US$20.- per day (for under 60 days stay) whilst over 60 days stay will be a 5 (five) year prison sentence or a fine of IDF25.000.000 (local currency).
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS FOR VISA-FREE SHORT VISITS
|1||Passport must be valid for a minimum of 6 (six) months as from the date of entry into Indonesia.|
|2||Onward or return tickets are compulsory|
|3||No compulsory vaccinations|
|4||Visitors on Visa-Free Short Visits must be enter and exit from certain airports and seaports in Indonesia.|
* Calculated from the date of admission to Indonesia. A foreign national who fails to use the visa within the designated time period must submit a reapplication for a new visa
** Pay directly to the Chief immigration of the Local office who is in charge of an Immigration check point at an officially – designated airport /seaport in Indonesia
*** The applicant must:
- Not be included on the black list.
- Be in possession of passport or travel document which is valid for at least 6 (six) months from the date of arrival
- A visit visa application shall be submitted by the applicant concerned or his/her sponsor to the overseas Visa officer after fully complying with the general visa requirements.
- The applicant’s purpose of visit may include a show/exhibition activities, trade, a professional sport event, attending a seminar/conference or giving a commercial lecture, medical treatment, or carrying out a test trial on work instruments/equipment with the approval of a related agency/institution/department in this matter the sponsor should pay the head of Immigration in the city with the adm fees US$ 30. For CIFOR’s visitor, payment will be reimbursed by CIFOR / Project.
**** A fee is payable in local currencies for the visa application, depending on the type of visa and the duration of stay. Please note that the fees should only be paid in cash or by postal order and is non-refundable. Queries regarding the amount of the visa fee should be referred to the Embassy/Consulate where the visa application is filed.
A) Visa applications should be submitted to the Visa officer in an Indonesian consulate or Embassy after filling out the required form.
B) A visa application should be submitted along with the following:
- a Valid passport for at least 6 (six) months from the date of arrival
- A round trip or through- ticket to country of destination
- 2 (two) photographs, size 4X 6
- Proof or written guarantee of possession of sufficient funds for living expenses during entire stay in Indonesia
Under certain circumstances, visa applications can be arranged for in Indonesia by the sponsor of the applicant concerned,. In such cases, the sponsor should appear in person at the Head Office of the Directorate General of Immigration to begin the processing of the visa applications as follows:
- On behalf of the applicant, fill out and complete all visa requirements according to the type of visa, which includes a letter from the sponsor stating the purpose of the visit/invitation and written statement guaranteeing the sponsor’s taking responsibility for the applicant during his/her stay in Indonesia.
- Submit the visa application to the Visa section of the Directorate of Immigration Traffic. In absence of any incriminating factors, the visa authorization for the applicant concerned shall be cabled, at the expenses of the sponsor, to the overseas Visa Officer at the Indonesian Embassy or Consuler Office at the applicant’s place of domicile.